EASY FRUIT COBBLERS
THIS WOULD WORK ON THE ZUCHINI PRETENDING TO BE APPLES SHORTCAKE RECIPE I HAVE ON HERE, TOO. (ZUCHINI SHORTCAKE RECIPE) I'D USE A SPICE CAKE WITH IT.
How to Make EASY FRUIT COBBLERS
- 1. In bowl, using hands, crumble the cake mix and the stick of softenend butter.
2. In 9x13 greased pan, dump in both cans of fruit. (remember to drain one of them first)
3. Bake at 350 degrees for between 35-38 minutes...depending on your oven. Check with toothpick for doneness. It should be nicely browned on top.
- Note: You can add 1/2 cup finely diced walnuts or pecans, sweetened coconut,brown sugar, etc. to the cake mix and butter step...to add a little interest.
- NOTE: You can use a pie filling as well, but use 2 cans. I used to use one can but they have skimped on the amount in each can...Lil'Buggers, so you need 2 cans now.
- BE CREATIVE...AGAIN MATCH FLAVOR WITH FRUIT. OH AND IF YOU DARE, ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO THE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX AND BUTTER STEP, WITH A CHERRY PIE FILLING. A RED VELVET CAKE WOULD GO WELL WITH CHERRIES, TOO. ADD WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS THOUGH. SEE HOW CRAZY YOU CAN GET!