Easy as "pie" Turnovers
1 8 ounce pkgcream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch squares
3/4 ccold butter, cut into 1/2 inch squares
1 can(s)pie filling (apple, cherry, etc)
1 cpowdered sugar
·optional (raisins, apple sauce, melted butter, etc)
How to Make Easy as "pie" Turnovers
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly spray baking sheet with PAM.
- Stir flour and salt together. Mix in squared butter and cream cheese until coarse crumbles and is sticky. Form dough into a ball (you can use some ice cold water- 1 or 2 tbsp- if you need to add some "stick"...shouldn't need to though). Lay out on a floured surface and using a floured rolling pin, roll dough out to pretty thin (not too thin so it will break when you work with it but you dont want thick dough. Cut into 4 in x 4 in squares.
- Lay each square on baking sheet and put pie filling on it. Fold on corner over and press down around mixture so that filling doesnt come out the sides. Use the back side of a fork to make little indention around the edges.
- OPTIONAL: For my apple turnovers, i put apple pie filling (cutting the apples into smaller pieces), raisins, and a dash of cinnamon. I then melt butter and brush ontop of turnovers and sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon. For my cherry turnovers, i add either dark chocolate shavings or a cube of cream cheese).
- Bake in the over for 15 minutes until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack, about 15 minutes.
- Icing: mix powdered sugar and milk and glaze over. OPTIONAL: for my apple turnovers, i do the regular glaze and i also make a glaze with apple juice and powdered sugar and also drizzle on turnover. For the cherry turnovers with dark chocolate on the inside, i made a thick chocolate glaze and drizzle that on as well as the normal white glaze.
- Serve WARM with some vanilla ice cream. nuttin' better y'all.