How to Make Dump Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven is preheating, put stick of butter in dish and set in oven til butter is melted.
- Prepare Strawberries (if fresh) and cut in half. If using frozen, just slice in half once thawed. Sprinkle about a tablespoon over strawberries and set aside.
- Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 cup milk until blended thoroughly and lumps removed. It will look thin but its ok, its supposed to!
- Remove dish from oven. Dump in strawberries and do NOT stir.
- Pour batter over top of butter and berries. Do NOT stir.
- This is optional.... Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top of mixture.
- Put in oven and bake 30 - 40 minutes. To test if its done, insert knife in center and it should come out clean if it is done.
- NOTE: I would recommend putting a baking sheet under the dish. Depending on the pan or dishes I have used in the past, the butter can bubble over. Cleaning the oven after being so full from eating this isn't fun!!