Drunken Berries with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 pt
- strawberries, fresh, washed, split in half
- 1 Tbsp
- orange flavored liqueur ( triple sec will work) or use orange extract
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- dark chocolate bar( lindt 85%cocoa bar)
- 1 tsp
- 1 pinch
- whipped topping ( optional)
How to Make Drunken Berries with Chocolate Sauce
- 1Wash and split berries, place in bowl and add orange liqueur or extract, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- 2In a medium sauce pan add heavy cream and over medium heat bring to a slow boil and let reduce down some, break chocolate bar into pieces and add to cream,add salt and sugar, stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and let cool. Will thicken some as it cools.
- 3With a slotted spoon place berries in a glass serving bowl( I used my martini glasses) spoon chocolate over and top with whipped cream( store bought is ok, but I made mine with heavy cream and confectioners sugar to sweeten)