- 2 large
- honeycrisp apples are best (can use any really sweet apples of your choice)
- 2 can(s)
- pillsbury big & flaky crescent rolls
- 1 stick
- light butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- splenda/sugar baking mix
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 20 oz
- diet sprite/diet 7up or diet mountain dew
How to Make Diabetic Friendly Apple Dumplings
- 1Slice apples in 16 slices wrap securely in crescent rolls try not to leave any openings for more even cooking of the apples.
- 2Place wrapped apples in 11x13 glass baking dish
- 3Melt butter and add splenda mix,cinnamon and vanilla. Mix until well blended pour over the top of your wrapped rolls making sure each is well covered. Open your soda and pour over the top and down inbetween the rolls.
- 4Heat oven to 375 and bake for 20-30 minutes remove when rolls get golden brown and serve. Great served with vanilla icecream or just with a bit of sugar free whipped cream for those that can't have sugar!