Delectible Baked Pears
The stem makes them look elegant in the dish with the cream... and also makes them easier to handle during preparation.
This was one of my mom's personal favorites.
- not overly ripe pear per person
- bowl of ice water with a little lemon juice
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 pt
- heavy cream, cold
TO MAKE SYRUP:
How to Make Delectible Baked Pears
- 1Peel not overly ripe pears without removing the stem and drop in ice water to which a little lemon juice has been added and set aside
- 2In a sauce pan, add 1C sugar, 3/4C water, and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon and cook for 5 minutes to make syrup
This should be enough syrup for about 5 or 6 pears.
- 3Stand pears in a baking dish that fits the number of pears you are making, stem side up, and cover with the syrup and cook at 350 until tender but not mushy.
(time will vary depending on number of pears being prepared)
- 4Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or more.
- 5To serve stand individual pear in small pretty dish, stem side up, with a little of the syrup. Pour a little cold heavy cream over top, just before serving.