☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- large oranges (or 6-8 seville)
- 2/3 c
- white wine
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 1/3 c
- orange juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- irish whiskey, warmed
How to Make Dean Swifts Burnt Oranges
- 1Zest all the oranges and add zest to the wine. Allow to steep. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Peel the oranges and remove any seeds. Put oranges in a pan that is both ovenproof and can be used on the stovetop.
- 3Dot oranges with butter and sprinkle with half the sugar.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees about 10 minutes to caramelize the sugar.
- 5Mix orange juice and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer to reduce to syrup. Add orange peel and wine and simmer again to a syrupy consistency.
- 6Add warmed whiskey to orange slices and light. Pour orange syrup over the slices and simmer the whole dish on medium for 2 minutes.
- 7Irish style is chilled with double cream.