☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4large oranges (or 6-8 seville)
2/3 cwhite wine
1 1/3 corange juice, fresh
2 Tbspirish whiskey, warmed
How to Make Dean Swifts Burnt Oranges
- Zest all the oranges and add zest to the wine. Allow to steep. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the oranges and remove any seeds. Put oranges in a pan that is both ovenproof and can be used on the stovetop.
- Dot oranges with butter and sprinkle with half the sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 10 minutes to caramelize the sugar.
- Mix orange juice and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer to reduce to syrup. Add orange peel and wine and simmer again to a syrupy consistency.
- Add warmed whiskey to orange slices and light. Pour orange syrup over the slices and simmer the whole dish on medium for 2 minutes.
- Irish style is chilled with double cream.