Dad's Apple Crisp
Do not use Golden or Red Delicious apples, unless you want sweet syrupy goo.
Can substitute other fruits for apples such as pears, or just ripe peaches and apricots.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8-10apples, cut up (can peel if desired)
1/2 cwhite sugar or fructose (less is ok)
1 cbrown sugar (less is ok)
1 coatmeal, uncooked
1-1 1/4 cflour
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Dad's Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9X13 baking pan and then cut the 8-10 apples into it.
- Add cinnamon and sugar to the apples and mix with a large spoon or clean hands till apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, oatmeal, flour, baking soda. Mix by hand.
- Add melted butter and continue mixing, by hand till it clumps together. Mix by hand or a a pastry cutter.
- Sprinkle oatmeal mixture on top of the apples you set aside.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. (It will be bubbling a little bit)
- Let cool for a few minutes and then it enjoy it warm, preferably with either vanilla ice cream, whipped topping or a cold glass of milk!