Crockpot Apple Belt
1-2 can(s)apple pie filling (21 oz)
2 can(s)sliced or diced pears in heavy syrup
1 boxyellow butter cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 stickbutter, cubed
1 pkgsingle serving instant oatmeal (1.9 oz) any flavor i like quaker instant express golden brown sugar
·non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Crockpot Apple Belt
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray. Pour in cans of pie filling, fruit and vanilla and mix.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the fruit mixture (do not stir). Dot with cubed butter. Sprinkle oatmeal over the cake mix and butter.
- Take 4 paper towels and drape over the top of the slow cooker (not touching the mix) just under the lid, to prevent the condensation from dripping into the dessert.
- Bake on low for 4-6 hours (depending on how many cans of pie filling you use, 4 for 1 can, 6 for 2 cans.) Don't remove the lid for at least the first 3 hours.
- When done cooking, remove the lid and discard the paper towels. Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
- You can also substitute the apple pie filling with cherry pie filling and the vanilla with almond extract, just as yummy!!