Crispy Crust Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
Fresh peaches may be substituted for canned peaches. Just peel and slice enough to make 3 cups.
- 3 cups canned sliced peaches, drained
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup boiling water
How to Make Crispy Crust Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray an 8” or 9” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 2In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder to combine; set aside.
- 3Drain peaches and pour them evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, cream the butter with ¾ cup sugar. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- 5Add the milk, and the dry ingredients to the sugar butter mixture. Mix until creamy. Spread the batter over the peaches and smooth to completely cover.
- 6In a separate bowl, mix ½ cup sugar and ¾ tsp. cinnamon with cornstarch. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.
- 7Gently and evenly, pour boiling water over the sugar mixture making sure to cover all of the sugar with the water. This is what makes the crispy topping.
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.