Cranberry Apple Crisp
5-7 mediumapples (i like tart apples like granny smith)
1 pkgfresh cranberries (or frozen)-- about 2 cups
1 to 2 Tbspcinnamon, ground
2/3 to 1 csugar (can use splenda instead)
4 Tbspbutter, cold
1 stickbutter, cold
3/4 cdark brown sugar (or light brown sugar with 1 tbs molasses added)
1 1/2 cuncooked oats
2 tspcinnamon, ground
3/4 to 1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Core apples. Cut into chunks. I leave the skins on, but you can peel them if you like. Rinse and drain cranberries.
- In large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon, flour, sugar and salt. Toss until fruit is coated.
- Place in 9x13 GREASED glass baking dish.
- Cut cold butter into little pieces and dot all over surface.
- For Topping: In separate bowl, cut cold butter into flour and brown sugar until looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add oats, pecans and cinnamon, salt and mix until blended.
- Spread topping mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 min until apples are soft but not mushy.
- Best served warm. Great drizzled with a bit of cream or with a scoop of ice cream.