- package refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 12 ounce package of frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 c
- chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- cool whip topping and toasted almonds on top (optional)
How to Make CRANBERRY-ALMOND TARTS
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees: Unroll pie crust and roll to 1/8 inch thick,on a lightly floured surace. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter cut out 24 squares. re-rolling uncut pices if necessary.
- 2Place cut dough into mini-muffin tin. Place in frezzer.
- 3Combine splenda and water in saucepan. Stirring until blended, Stir in cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook stirring constantly 2 minutes or until berries pop. Pour through a wire-mesh sieve.
- 4Set over a bowl. Tretun lizuid to sauce pan reserving berries. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Pour sauce over cranberries. Tossing to coat,.
- 5Stir in almonds and slmond extract,. Spoon mixture into pastry shells. Dake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set,. Carefully remove tarts from muffin tins cool and enjoy.