1/2package refrigerated pie crust
112 ounce package of frozen cranberries, thawed
1/4 cchopped almonds, toasted
1/2 tspalmond extract
·cool whip topping and toasted almonds on top (optional)
How to Make CRANBERRY-ALMOND TARTS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees: Unroll pie crust and roll to 1/8 inch thick,on a lightly floured surace. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter cut out 24 squares. re-rolling uncut pices if necessary.
- Place cut dough into mini-muffin tin. Place in frezzer.
- Combine splenda and water in saucepan. Stirring until blended, Stir in cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook stirring constantly 2 minutes or until berries pop. Pour through a wire-mesh sieve.
- Set over a bowl. Tretun lizuid to sauce pan reserving berries. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Pour sauce over cranberries. Tossing to coat,.
- Stir in almonds and slmond extract,. Spoon mixture into pastry shells. Dake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set,. Carefully remove tarts from muffin tins cool and enjoy.