- 12 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries
- 6 tbsp. heather honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. whiskey
- lightly whipped heavy cream to serve
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup fine oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats, not instant
- a medium ovenproof dish
FOR THE OATMEAL TOPPING:
How to Make Cranachan Crumble
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Put a baking sheet on the middle shelf to heat.
- 2Put raspberries in baking dish. Drizzle with about 3 tablespoons of the honey and pour in the cream and whiskey.
- 3To make topping, melt butter and remaining honey in pan and stir in both types of oats. Stir til they start to clump together like a crunchy breakfast cereal.
- 4Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over surface of raspberries, mounding it up a little towards the center.
- 5Place baking dish on baking sheet in preheated oven and bake the crumble for about 20 to 25 minutes or til crisp an golden on top.
- 6Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with cream. Serves 4 to 6