Cin's Fresh Peach Cobbler
I usually make this double and put in a 9x13-inch cake pan. BUT..since it is just the 2-of us I made 1/2 the recipe and put it in a round deep dish cake pan.
I also love making cobbles with a pastry crust.
I USE THIS SAME RECIPE TO MABE BOTH 'FRESH PEACH OR CHERRY COBBLERS'
4 largepeaches (peeled, seed removed and sliced)
1/3 cwhite sugar (i use splenda)
1 Tbspcornstarch (may also use flour instead)
1 Tbsplemon juice; *plus 1-teaspoon of burnt sugar flavor (x-tra-touch)
BATTER FOR CRUST PART
1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 cwhite sugar (i use splenda)
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 pinchof fresh ground sea salt
How to Make Cin's Fresh Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix first 6-ingredients in a micro-safe bowl and stir together.
Place in microwave on high for 30-seconds; remove stir and place back to repete for another 30 seconds (should be begining to thicken).
- Melt butter in cake pan (either in the oven or melt in microwave and pour into cake pan).
- Combine next 5-ingredients together, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter over melted butter in cake pan..do not stir.
- Pour hot fruit filling over batter in cake pan..do not stir (although sometimes I swirl a knife through it). Can also sprinkle top with a mix of cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
P.S. When I double this recipe to make in a 9x13-inch cake pan, I bake it around 370 dF for 40 to 50 minutes.
Sometimes I make this using a pastry crust instead of a batter. We like it both ways.
- Serve hot with ice cream, also good warm or cold.
- *Hey Y`all..I forgot to put in with the 'filling ingredients' that I aslo put in 1 teaspoon of the "Burnt Sugar Flavor" (it's by X-TRA-TOUCH)
ADDING IT NOW!!!
- ***MADE THIS AGAIN TODAY (11-17-2013)....WITH A FEW CHANGES; AND NEW PIX (pix by CinStraw).
THIS TIME I USED USED...(INSTEAD OF THE FLOUR MIXTURE), 1 cup SUGAR & 1 cup BISQUICK & THE 1 C MIXTURE OF 1/2 cup MILK & 1/2 cup HEAVY CREAM.
Also heated the fresh peaches (about 2 1/2 cups) with 1/2 cup sugar & 2 T tapioca to a boil then turned down to simmer until starting to thicken.
Melted butter in a 8x8 square pan, poured in the Bisquick - sugar - milk mixture on top of the hot butter. Then poured the hot peach mixture over that. Baked in a 350° oven for 35 minutes.
OFCOURSE IF YOU ARE A DIABETIC, USE YOUR FAVORITE "SUGAR SUBSTITUTE" SO YOU CAN ENJOY THIS TOO♥