★★★★★ 2 votes5
- baking apples, medium to large sized
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Cinnamon Red Hots Baked Apples
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter an 8x8 inch square pan.
- 2Do not peel apples as skin helps them hold their shape when baked. Remove and set aside tops of apples. Core the apples, leaving approximately 1/2 inch at the bottom. Arrange in the baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon red hot candies and cinnamon. Fill each apple with the mixture. Replace apple tops. Sprinkle remaining mixture over the apples.
- 4Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve hot or cold with pan sauces spooned over apples. Great with whipped cream.