Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
2 ozbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 cstrawberries, hulled
1 1/2 cwhipping cream
2 tspgranulated sugar
1 ozbittersweet chocolate, melted
How to Make Chocolate Pavlova
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Trace 8 inch circle on paper; turn paper over.
- In a bowl and using electric beaters, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Sift cocoa and cornstarch over top; gently fold in.
- Gently fold in vinegar, vanilla and chocolate. Mound onto circle on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 275F oven for 1-1/2 hours or until crispy outside but still soft in the center.
- Transfer to rack; let cool completely. Place on serving plate.
Slice or halve strawberries. Set aside.
- In a bowl whip cream with sugar and pour onto meringue.
- Arrange strawberries decoratively over top. Drizzle melted chocolate over berries.
1. Eggs separate better cold but whip up better at room temperature.
2. If you have no bittersweet chocolate on hand to drizzle over berries, just sieve some unsweetened cocoa powder over top for a dazzling effect.