Child's Play Peach Cobbler
Peggy Peek Marx
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 2 lb
- fresh or frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 1 c
- 1 c
- extra sugar, if needed for fruit
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream or
- fresh whipped cream.
How to Make Child's Play Peach Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2Melt butter in a 9x9 square glass baking dish or similar pan. Set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl , combine flour, sugar, and milk, stirring until lump free. A whisk works best for this.
- 4Pour the batter into the the baking dish over the butter.
- 5Taste your peaches. If they are not very sweet or especially tart, sprinkle them with a little extra sugar. This step can be done up to a day in advance if needed and the result will be even better.
- 6Distribute the fruit, including juice over the batter.
- 7Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 min, until golden brown.
The edges will be buttery and crispy and the center soft and fruity. Cool until warm and serve with vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream if desired.
- 8Over the years I have used this recipe for all kind of fruits and berries and never had a bad result. I have added a little cinnamon to the fruit from time to time. Vanilla adds an extra dimension to the batter, but I love it just the way I made it as a girl.
If you use a fruit that is not very juicy, you might add a little more juice. For example, I add about 1/2 cup of apple juice if I use apples.