Cherry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
1frozen deep dish pie shell
3 csliced rhubarb
1 can(s)cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
3 Tbspquick cooking tapioca
1/4 tspalmond extract
1/2 pkgdry pie crust mix (11 ounces)
1 Tbspcold water
How to Make Cherry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove pie crust from freezer and let set out on counter top while preparing pie filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, cherry pie filling, sugar, tapioca and almond extract. Let set on counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare crumb topping: in a medium bowl, combine the pie crust mix, sugar and cold water (1 teaspoon at a time). Toss with fork until crumbs form.
- When ready, fill pie crust with rhubarb mixture and top with crumbs. Spread evenly over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly and crumbs are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.