Cherry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- frozen deep dish pie shell
- 3 c
- sliced rhubarb
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- quick cooking tapioca
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 pkg
- dry pie crust mix (11 ounces)
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- cold water
How to Make Cherry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove pie crust from freezer and let set out on counter top while preparing pie filling.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, cherry pie filling, sugar, tapioca and almond extract. Let set on counter for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare crumb topping: in a medium bowl, combine the pie crust mix, sugar and cold water (1 teaspoon at a time). Toss with fork until crumbs form.
- 4When ready, fill pie crust with rhubarb mixture and top with crumbs. Spread evenly over top.
- 5Bake for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly and crumbs are starting to brown.
- 6Remove from oven and cool before serving.