Cherry Pecan Crumble
2 cgraham crackers, crushed
1 cpecans chopped
1 can(s)cherry pie filling 30 oz
1/4 ccointreau liquer (gran marnier if you need a substitute)
1/2 tspsea salt
1 csweet frozen cherries (optional)
How to Make Cherry Pecan Crumble
- preheat oven to 350
Spray 9x13 pan with Crisco or butter and flour to coat.
- Melt butter and add graham cracker crumbs, sugar, 1/2 cup of pecans. combine well. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Put the rest into greased pan.
- Take a baggie, put your hand in it. Butter or oil the outside of the baggie and then using that as a glove press the graham cracker crust into the bottom of the pan. Be sure it covers the whole bottom. It will not be a thick crust.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes
- Add cherries to the Cointreau liquor and combine. If you like a lot of cherries you could add one cup of sweet frozen cherries cut in halves. This is optional.
- When the crust is done. Pour the cherries onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of graham cracker mixture evenly over the top of the cherries.
- Then sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top.
- Then sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt evenly over the top
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. There should be bubbling all around the sides.
- You can eat this warm with ice cream or wait for it to cool