CARAMELIZED BANANA TART
How to Make CARAMELIZED BANANA TART
- Heat oven to 425. (If using glass baking dish, reduce temp to 400.
- Melt butter in 11x7 baking pan in oven.
Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
Top with pecans.
- Cut bananas diagonally into slices.
Place over sugar in pan, overlapping, if necessary.
Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Unfold thawed pastry ...stretch or roll slightly to fit pan.
Place pastry over bananas.
Tuck edges of pastry in around edges of filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Loosen edges of pan with spatula .. and carefully invert onto serving platter.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- NOTE: Make sure thawed puff pastry sheet doesnot become warm or it may not rise properly. When rolling, work from center of sheet toward edges taking care to keep consistent thickness.