Caramel Cheesecake Dip
Also, if you dip the spoon into warm water before you start to smooth the cream cheese, it will be much easier to spread.
- 12 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 pinch
- sea salt
- 1 pkg
- mini milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1 pkg
- heath bits
- 2 to 4
- granny smith apples, sliced thinly
How to Make Caramel Cheesecake Dip
- 1Start by making a caramel sauce: Place sugar in a small heavy sauce pan. Pour water evenly over the top. Turn stove top to medium-high heat. Hold sauce pan by the handle and swirl occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Turn heat to high, and boil until syrup turns brown around the edges of the pan, about 6-8 minutes.
- 2Swirl the syrup occasionally until it turns a deep amber and just begins to smoke.
Remove pan from heat. Add butter and whisk, until all butter is mixed in. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cream. Take care adding the butter and cream as the caramel will boil up and sputter quite a bit.
- 3Stir in salt and 2 tsp of the vanilla. Sit to side.
- 4Line a six inch cake pan or springform pan with plastic wrap. Use enough plastic wrap to hang over the sides of the pan about 2 inches.
- 5Place softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the powdered sugar and 3 tbs of heavy cream, mix well, until smooth. Place half of the cream cheese mixture in the lined pan and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- 6Spoon on a layer of caramel. Sprinkle with a layer of chocolate chips and the Health pieces. How much you use is up to you.
- 7Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. This will let the caramel set up a bit and make topping it with the remaining cream cheese much easier.
- 8Scoop the remaining cream cheese on top and smooth out like you did for the first layer.
- 9Fold the overhanging plastic wrap over the top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- 10Pull back the plastic wrap so that the top of the cheesecake is exposed. Place a serving plate on top of the pan and invert. Remove the pan and the plastic wrap. Spoon caramel sauce over the top of you cheese cake and top with more of the Heath pieces and chocolate chips. Place the sliced apples around the dip and serve.