This is a magical and fun recipe for the kids to watch being made... they will love the final results too.
Play With Your Food! xo
How to Make Camping Cobbler
Cover inside of Dutch oven with aluminum foil. Generously butter or oil the tinfoil. (This helps with clean up and cobbler not sticking).
- 2Evenly spread the 2 cans of fruit into the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- 3Evenly pour cake mix over fruit layer.
- 4Break up the butter into small pieces and distribute on top of cake mix layer.
- 5Pour water over everything. DO NOT STIR! Place lid on Dutch oven.
- 6Put 10 hot coals under Dutch oven, and 8 Coals on the lid of Dutch oven. Cook for 1 hour without checking on it.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool a bit before serving.
*** You can use any flavors of cake mix and fruit that you would like together. Like lemon cake and Blueberry filling, Spice cake and Apple filling, chocolate cake and cherry or raspberry filling. Or like this recipe suggests... yellow or white cake with any fruit.