Cake Mix Apple Crisp
6-8med granny smith apples, peeled cored and cubed
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
3/4-1 cbrown sugar
1/4 cwhite sugar
1 boxspice cake boxed cake mix (used dry in this recipe-do not add ingredients listed on box!)
1 cpecans, in pieces (or your favorite nut)
1 stickbutter, unsalted
How to Make Cake Mix Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with shortening or spray. Set aside
- In a large skillet, place 3 TBSP butter on med heat, aonce melted add apples, sugars and cinnamon. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 minutes, until apples are semi soft and coated in sugar mixture. Transfer to prepared 9x13 pan and spread out evenly in pan.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave on low heat or in increments of 20 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour DRY cake mix over apple mixture and spread out evenly. Spoon or slowly pour melted butter onto dry cake mix until evenly distributed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until crusty and bubbly. Serve warm or room them with ice cream or whipped cream. Store covered for up to 4 days.