- 2 c
- fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick
- butter (no margarine allowed)
- 1 c
- self-rising flour (jap has instructions on making your own)
- 1 c
- sugar, plus extra to sprinkle on fruit
- 1 c
- buttermilk (do not substitute)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Buttermilk Peach Cobbler
- 1350 degrees oven. Blanch the peaches, peel and slice. After slicing, sprinkle them with about 1/2 cup of sugar and set aside. Place a stick of butter in a 9 x 9" baking dish or a casserole dish of equivalent size. Place in the oven and let the butter melt while the oven is preheating.
- 2Meanwhile, stir by hand the self-rising flour, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir it well, but it will look slightly lumpy. Remove the melted butter from the oven. Place your fruit in the dish. Completely cover the bottom the dish with the peaches. Pour the batter on top of the fruit, making sure to pour it evenly around the dish, including the corners. Bake for about 30- 40 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown. This is delish!! ENJOY!