Breakfast Pineapple Sweetie - for my Sweetie !!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 slicepineapple spears
1/4 - 1/2 cflour
1/8 to 1/4 cvanilla flavored syrup
1/2 cmilk -- we use 2%
1 tspbutter -- i use about a 1/2 inch of a stick of butter for this -- enough to form a pool to fry the pineappel -- can add more if you need to
How to Make Breakfast Pineapple Sweetie - for my Sweetie !!
- 1. melt a little butter in a small frying pan -- take care not to let it burn - use medium heat
2. add 2 or 3 spears of pineapples (rounds would work too)
3. fry until each side (4) of the pineapple is toasty -- the longer you cook it the softer it gets -- you might want to turn the heat to low as you go
- At the same time
1. in a small pot combine the flour, milk and vanilla syrup and stir till the lumps are gone
2. start heat at medium
3. this takes about 4 or 5 minutes to prepare -- don’t leave it - it will burn if too hot or bubble over if it boils -- I scalded the first batch by being in a hurry
4. stir stir stir
5. this will thicken up pretty quickly -- you can add milk to thin it - it will eventually come out a nice sweet flour gravy -- my wife thought it was almost a pudding -- each of us have our own tolerance for flour taste -- start out with 1/4 cup and if if is too runny for you add a little flour -- you can add more vanilla too if you want -- the more you use the more French Vanilla it tastes - you can adjust this all the way till you pour it on the spears
- This started out as an attempt to rescue the pineapple spears from the trash can -- it worked !! BTW the spears tasted great to my wife before the cooking -- she likes things a little more sour than I do -- she also likes sweet things too -- I could have used some sort of dark chocolate gravy for this but that would have been too involved for 6am -- you could use the same recipe for a dessert item later in the day -- you could use a more sophisticated sauce -- but that’s not Walt’s Style !!
This one is very easy