Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
- 1 1/2 lbs. blueberries
- 1 stick plus 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- finely grated peel and freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fine polenta
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- medium ovenproof buttered dish
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Spread blueberries out in baking dish. Cream stick of butter with sugar and grated lemon peel, til pale and fluffy. Beat in sour cream. Sift flour with polenta, baking powder and salt. Fold into cream mixture.
Dot small spoonfuls of the mixture over blueberries in very random manner, til top of dish has been covered, leaving about 1 inch space around each one. This will give the dish it’s “cobbled” look, and the juices from the fruit will bubble up around the dough. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes til top is firm. While cobbler is baking prepare the butter mixture for the crust.
- 3Put remaining butter in small pan with honey, lemon juice and sugar and melt over low heat. Remove cobbler from oven and pour this mixture over the
Increase the oven temperature to 375. Return cobbler to oven and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes til golden. serve warm with vanilla ice cream.