☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3/4 cup/170 g butter, plus more for pan
- 1 cup/225 g brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups/200 g ground almonds
- 1 cup/110 g rolled oats, toasted
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup/55 g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
How to Make Blueberry Grumble
- 1For the grumble topping: Heat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C. Butter an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- 2Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Cut in the ground almonds and oats. (You could add some cinnamon and ginger if you like, too, although I prefer it plain.) Set aside.
- 3For the filling: Toss the fruit with the granulated sugar and flour and tumble into the baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit and press to pack it down a bit. Bake until the fruit is soft and the top crisp, about 40 minutes. Let sit about 15 minutes before serving. If you like, serve with sweetened vanilla-flavored whipped cream.