1french bread loaf
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
4 1/2 cblueberries, fresh or frozen
2 Tbspbutter, melted
·powdered sugar for sprinkling
How to Make Blueberry French Toast Cobbler
- Slice bread diagonally into 10 to 14 slices, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place bread slices on rimmed 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x 1 inch baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla.
- Slowly pour over bread, turning slices to coat completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Place blueberries, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch in dish.
- Stir to coat berries, spreading to cover bottom of dish evenly.
- Place bread slices, wettest side up, atop berry mixture, wedging slices in tightly and if necessary, cutting some slices to fit. (You may not use all of the bread).
- Brush tops of bread slices with melted butter.
- Bake in center of oven 20 to 25 minutes or until toast is golden and berries are bubbling.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, lift toast onto plates, spooning blueberry sauce over top.