- 1- large can(s)
- crushed pineapple (juice included)
- 3 c
- blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- sugar (depending upon the sweetness of the berries, more or less may be used)
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (butter recipe) * i use ducan hines
- 2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- pecans, in pieces (optional) you may substitute with your favorite chopped nuts
- 1/4 c
- sugar, optional (use only if you are adding nuts)
How to Make Blueberry Crunch
- 1Spread pineapple, including juice into a 9x13 baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle on berries and 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3Pour dry cake mix over berries, spread evenly. Breaking up any clumps of cake mix.
- 4Sprinkle nuts and top with remaining 1/4 sugar.
- 5Drizzle melted butter over dry cake mix and nut mixture. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6Remove from oven, cut through in tic-tac-toe formation to allow juices to flow through. Place back into oven to bake an additional 25 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 7Allow dessert to rest 15-20 minutes to settle. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.