Blackberry or Cherry Cobbler
SPECIAL NOTE: This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 13x9x2" pan.
3/4 call-purpose flour
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)pie cherries or blackberries*(i use pie filling where possible.)
How to Make Blackberry or Cherry Cobbler
- Melt butter in baking dish. For this quantity of batter, I use a 9x5x3-inch Corning loaf pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, and salt. Stir together and add to baking pan. Just pour it over the melted butter, Do NOT stir!
- Add can of cherries or blackberries. (If you can't find the pie blackberries, just thicken a can of blackberries with cornstarch.)
- Bake in preheated oven set at 350 for 45 minutes.
- This can be served in individual bowls topped with Cool Whip or ice cream. Yum!
- *If you prefer, you can use self-rising flour in this recipe. Just measure 3/4 cup of the self-rising flour, BUT eliminate the baking powder and salt. Those two ingredients are included in the self-rising flour, so this will simplify the recipe.