- 12 oz. blackberries
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/4 cup light soft brown sugar
- chilled cream, to serve
- a medium ovenproof dish, lightly buttered
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
How to Make Blackberry Crumble
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Put blackberries in a bowl with sugar and the cornstarch and toss to mix. Tumble berries into the prepared baking dish and set aside. for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Put the flour and butter in a bowl and using your fingertips, rub butter into flour til mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in brown sugar.
- 4Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over the berries and bake in preheat oven for 45 to 50 minutes til the top is golden brown. Let crumble cool slightly before serving with cream.