How to Make Blackberry Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Cut butter into several thick chunks and place in a 9X13 baking dish. Place dish in oven to melt butter.
- 3In a large bowl combine cornstarch and cold water. Add blackberries and 1 cup of sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until a natural syrup forms.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together remaining 2 cups of sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and milk. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 5Pour batter on top of melted butter in baking pan. DO NOT mix batter and butter together.
- 6Spoon blackberries and syrup onto batter. Once again Do Not mix together.
- 7Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until dough rises and is golden brown.
- 8Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.