Best Apple Crisp
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- 2 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 3/4
- oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 c
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Best Apple Crisp
- 1Choose you favorite apple slices. I used 3, 21 oz cans of apple slices. Do not use pie filling as it will have syrup/sauce included and you will be adding that later. If you use fresh apples, it will depend of the size of your apples but you will need enough to fill your cake pan.
- 2In a medium sauce pan combine all filling ingredients except vanilla. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 3While filling is on stove, work on crust/topping.
- 4Combine flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar in a large bowl. And mix together.
- 5Add cinnamon and melted butter to bowl and mix well. (It works best to use your hands)
- 6At first it may seem that you do not have enough moisture. It may take several minutes to get everything mixed.
Make sure you keep and eye on your filling.
- 7Once your filling is boiling, add vanilla and take off heat.
- 8In a regular cake pan, put a good amount of crust/topping in bottom of pan and press down.
- 9Add apple slices and pour filling over apples. Then sprinkle remaining topping over the top.
- 10Filling may boil over in oven so I like to put my pan on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. It makes for easier clean up.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes. It may be served hot or at room temperature.