Rev BJ Friley
1 cuncooked oats, quick cooking or regular (not instant)
1 call purpose flour
1 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 cchopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts)
1/2 cbutter or margarine (cold)
3 cfresh or frozen berries, such as wild strawberries, wild raspberries, wild blackberries, huckleberries or gooseberries
1/2 cwhite sugar (or desired amount)
How to Make BERRY CRISP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Add nuts.
- Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Grease or spray an 8-inch square pan.
- Place 1/2 of crumb mixture on bottom.
- Mix berries and white sugar and pour over crumb mixture.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.