BERRY COBBLER WITH COCONUT WALNUT TOPPING
I am enjoying watching my berries grow. I have big plans for them on a warm Summer Day.
4 cmixed berries ( black berries, raspberries, blue berries, strawberries)
1/4 c+ 1 tbsp sugar
2 Tbspinstant tapioca
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 cshredded coconut
1/4 tspbaking powder
·pinch of salt
4 Tbsp(1/4 cup) cold, unsalted butter cut into cubes
How to Make BERRY COBBLER WITH COCONUT WALNUT TOPPING
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9x9 inch Oven Proof Pan.
- In a large bowl mix all the FILLING ingredients (berries, sugar,tapicoa, fresh lemon juice). Pour into baking dish.
- In medium size mixing bowl, stir together, flour, coconut, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, and salt. Use your fingers to mix in the cold, butter cubes. Rub butter with other ingredients until mixture looks like coarse bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle TOPPING over FILLING. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until topping is golden brown and crisp and filling is bubbling.
- Cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
NOTE: If you choose you can pulse coconut in food processor before adding it to the other topping ingredients.