By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Berry Cobbler
- 1Measure 4 1/2 cups of mixed berries and toss them with the sugar and flour.
- 2Use the larger amount of flour if the berries are very juicy.
- 3Let stand while you make the dough.
- 4Mix the dry ingredients for the dough, leaving out the salt if you are using salted butter.
- 5Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- 6Add the cream and mix lightly, until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 7The dry ingredients for the topping can be prepared ahead and kept refrigerated.
- 8The cream can then be added when you are ready to bake the cobbler.
- 9Put the berry mixture into a 1-1/2 quart gratin or baking dish.
- 10Make patties of the dough, 2 to 2-1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- 11Arrange them over the top of the berries.
- 12Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the topping is brown and the berry juices bubble thickly around it.
- 13Serve warm with cream to pour over it.