By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Berry Cobbler
- Measure 4 1/2 cups of mixed berries and toss them with the sugar and flour.
- Use the larger amount of flour if the berries are very juicy.
- Let stand while you make the dough.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the dough, leaving out the salt if you are using salted butter.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Add the cream and mix lightly, until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- The dry ingredients for the topping can be prepared ahead and kept refrigerated.
- The cream can then be added when you are ready to bake the cobbler.
- Put the berry mixture into a 1-1/2 quart gratin or baking dish.
- Make patties of the dough, 2 to 2-1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- Arrange them over the top of the berries.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the topping is brown and the berry juices bubble thickly around it.
- Serve warm with cream to pour over it.