1 largelime, juiced
1 Tbspdark rum
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1 Tbspdark brown sugar
1 Tbspbutter (optional)
2 scoop(s)vanilla ice cream (or 2 tablespoons of fresh cream)
·shredded coconut, for garnish (optional)
·chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Baked Bananas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a 9x13x2-inch ovenproof baking dish; set aside.
- Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Lay the pieces in a single layer in the buttered baking dish.
- Pour the lime juice and rum evenly over the bananas. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dot on the butter, if using.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with ice cream, and garnish with shredded coconut and/or chopped nuts.