- large navel oranges (need the zest and juice)
- lemon (need juice and zest)
- 6 lb
- apples peeled and cored and sliced
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar packed
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground allspice
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Baked Applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the zest and juice of the oranges and lemon in a large bowl.Peel, quarter and core the apples and toss them in the juice
- 2Pour the apples, and juice into a nonreactive Dutch oven or enameled iron pot. I just use my roaster.
- 3Add the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and allspice and cover the pot. Bake for 1 hour or until all the apples are soft.
- 4when done Mix with a whisk until smooth and serve warm or at room temperature.