- 2 large
- baking apples,jonagold or mcintosh or rome beauty
- 1 c
- unsweetened apple cider or apple juce
- 2 Tbsp
- bourbon,whisky or additional apple cider
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- low-fat,no-sugar-added vanill ice cream
How to Make Baked Apples In Bourbon-Cider Sauce
- 1preheat oven to 375*f.
peel apples,cut in half through stem ends.arrange apples haves cut sides up in a shallow baking dish.
pour apple cider and bourbon over apples. sprinkle cinnamon,cloves and nutmeg over apples.bake uncovered 10 minutes.baste apples with juices in dish,contineue baking 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2transfer apples to two serving plates,let stand 10 minutes to cool. meanwhile,tranfer juices in baking dish to a small saucepan.cook over medium-high heat until juices are reduced to 1/4 cup,abut 8 minutes.remove from heat,add butter, swirling pan to melt butter.spoon sauce over apples. serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
- 3makes 2 servings (1 apple,2 tablespoons sauce and 3 tablespoons sauce and 3 tablespoons ice cream per serving.
- 4dietary exchanges;2 fruit,2 fat.
nutrients per serving.cal.218
cal. from fat-13%.
total fat-3g. sat.fat-2g.
chol.-7mg. sodium-41 mg. fiber-4g.