★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c
- same size granny smith apples
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cut into 6 teaspoon-size pieces
- 1 c
- apple juice
- 6 sprig(s)
- fresh mint
How to Make Baked apples
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Core apples, making sure not to puncture the bottom of the apples so that the juices will remain. Remove skin from 1/2-inch around top of apples at the opening. Fill each cavity with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top each apple with a teaspoon of butter. Place apples in casserole dish and pour apple juice around them. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh mint, and serve.
- 4Per serving: Calories: 214; Total Fat: 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams; Protein: 1 gram; Total carbohydrates: 47 grams; Sugar: 40 gram; Fiber: 5 grams; Cholesterol: 10 milligrams; Sodium: 3 milligrams