How to Make Baked Apples
- Wash and core apples, then remove a 1 inch strip of peel around the middle of each apple.
- Place apples in a 2 quart square baking dish.
- Mix sugar, and spices in a small bowl.
- Fill center of each apple with mixture and dot with 1/4 teaspoon butter.
- Add enough water to baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 until apples are tender.
- Baste with glaze occasionaly.
- Serve warm, covered with some of the baking glaze and vanilla bean ice cream.