★★★★★ 2 votes5
- baking apple of your choice
- splenda brown sugar
- nuts, chopped, optional
- raisins, optional
- vanilla ice cream, for topping
- caramel sauce, for topping
How to Make Baked Apples
- 1Core apples and place in baking dish. Add a few nuts and/or raisins in the bottom of the cavity; then pack down brown sugar and top it off with a pat of butter. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, or until the apple is soft.
- 2In an oven-proof dish (I use a Pyrex measuring cup) combine brown sugar and about a half stick of butter. Place in the baking dish with the apples (if there is room). When you remove the apples from the oven, stir the butter and brown sugar mixture to combine until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add cream or half and half (a little to temper, first) to the consistency of caramel sauce you like.
- 3Serve baked apples in a dish with ice-cream on the side and then top with caramel sauce.