How to Make Bahamian Pineapple Flambe
- Take a large pineapple and cut off its head about 1 1/2 inches from top. (Reserve head).
- Remove meat, taking care not to pierce through butter shell. Dice the pineapple fruit, throw away the hard core and let soak in 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Now pour over 4 tablespoons of dark Jamaica Rum and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and return fruit to the pineapple shell.
- Cover with wax paper and bake in a medium oven (300 degrees) for 30 minutes.
- Remove wax paper and replace original pineapple head for effect and bring to table.
- Before serving, remove head and pour in hot brandy, light, and ladle the burning fruit onto individual portions of vanilla ice cream.