1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 cbutter, softened
1 csour cream
3 cunbleached white flour
3 largeegg yolks, beaten
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
1 mediumgranny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
How to Make AUSTRIAN APPLE TWISTS
In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast and flour; add butter and mix well. Add egg yolks and sour cream; mix well. Shape into four balls. Place in re-sealable plastic bags; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a 9-in. circle. using a pizza cutter, cut each circle into 16 wedges.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture and apple; roll each wedge up from the wide edge and pinch to seal.
- Place with point-side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
1 cup confectioners' sugar
4 tsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Finely chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over the twists; sprinkle with pecans.
- NOTE: The yeast does not need to be dissolved in liquid, and no rising time is necessary before baking.