Apricot Pillow Cookies
- 1 3/4 c
- flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 pkg
- (8oz) cream cheese softened to room temp.
- 1 c
- butter softened to room temp.
- 1 jar(s)
- (8 - 16oz) apricot preserves (or your favorite flavor)
How to Make Apricot Pillow Cookies
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and cream cheese with electric mixer. Sift flour and salt together, and stir in lemon zest. With a wooden spoon, blend in flour.
When well blended, dough will be sticky.
Form dough into a ball and chill for 30 minutes in fridge.
- 2Cut dough into 3 pieces and turn out onto floured surface. Roll each piece to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick, cut into 3 inch squares.
Put 1 tsp. preserves into center of each square. Brush edges of squares with egg whites, which have been beaten into a slight foam. Fold dough corners to center, covering preserves, and squeeze seams together. Brush with egg whites, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- 3On an ungreased cookie sheet, place pillows an inch apart. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Use care and do not overfill dough. Cool on rack. This is a melt in your mouth cookie.