Apple Tortilla Crepes
·1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
·7 tbsp. sugar
·1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
·four 9 or 10 inch flour tortillas
·4 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
·1/4 tsp. ground ginger
·1/2 cup heavy cream
·2 tbsp. sour cream (do not use low fat)
How to Make Apple Tortilla Crepes
- Preheat oven to 200. Mix 1/4 tsp. of the cinnamon and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar in a small bowl.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Brush each tortilla with a little bit of the melted butter, stack the buttered tortillas on a plate, loosely cover with foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Add apples, remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, the ginger, and 4 Tbsp. of the sugar to the pan and cook, stirring often, til apples are softened and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix the heavy cream, sour cream and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar in medium bowl. Whip with mixer on medium high speed til cream just holds stiff peaks.
- Remove tortillas from oven and put each one on a dessert plate. Spoon apples onto one side of each tortilla. Spoon the whipped cream over the apples, fold tortilla over and serve at once.