Daily Inspiration S
3 ccoarsely chopped and peeled granny smith apples (about 1 pound)
3 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/4 tspground cinnamon
8 sheet(s)frozen phyllo dough, thawed
·butter cooking spray
How to Make Apple Strudel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine raisins and amaretto in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; drain well. Combine raisins, apple, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; toss well.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover the remaining dough to keep from drying). Lightly coat with cooking spray. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat remaining 7 phyllo sheets with cooking spray, placing one on top of the other. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over phyllo, pressing gently to seal sheets together; discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon apple mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of apple mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2 inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or the strudel may split). Place strudel, seam side down, on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Score diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream (optional).