Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 c
- quick oats
- 1 stick
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- melted white chocolate or caramel if desired
How to Make Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Mix the dry cake mix, quick oats and butter together until it resembles crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture in a separate bowl and set aside.
- 3To the remaining mixture, add 1 slightly beaten egg. Combine this together until it becomes a "dough".
- 4Press this "dough" onto a lightly greased small pizza pan or 9X9 cake pan.
- 5Bake for 12 minutes.
- 6To the reserved 1 cup of mixture, add the brown sugar and cinnamon and combine. This is your crumb topping.
- 7After the "dough" has baked for 12 minutes, take out and top with the apple slices and then sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- 8Place this back in the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until browned.
- 9Allow to cool before cutting into squares. If desired, you can swirl melted white chocolate or caramel on top.
- 10I doubled the recipe for my 16 inch pizza pan.