Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 1/2 cquick oats
1 stickbutter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cbrown sugar
2granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
·melted white chocolate or caramel if desired
How to Make Apple Streusel Dessert Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the dry cake mix, quick oats and butter together until it resembles crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture in a separate bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining mixture, add 1 slightly beaten egg. Combine this together until it becomes a "dough".
- Press this "dough" onto a lightly greased small pizza pan or 9X9 cake pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- To the reserved 1 cup of mixture, add the brown sugar and cinnamon and combine. This is your crumb topping.
- After the "dough" has baked for 12 minutes, take out and top with the apple slices and then sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- Place this back in the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. If desired, you can swirl melted white chocolate or caramel on top.
- I doubled the recipe for my 16 inch pizza pan.