How to Make Apple Slice
- 1Sift four and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry cutter until course crumbs.
- 2Combine egg yolk and milk. Add to flour mixture and blend with fork to form dough.
- 3Pat 1/2 of dough in bottom of 9 X 13 baking pan.
- 4Cover with sliced apples.
- 5Combine 2 Tablespoons flour and sugar. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter.
- 6Roll remaining dough to the shape of the pan (9 X 13). Place rolled dough over apples.
- 7Brush top of dough with egg white. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool.
- 8Spread thin coat of powdered sugar frosting on top of cooled bars. Slice into squares.