★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 ccored & thinly sliced cooking apples
1 Tbsplemon juice
2/3 cpacked brown sugar
1 1/2 cbran chex cereal, crushed to 3/4 cup
1/3 cbutter, melted
How to Make Apple-Raisin Betty
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter 9-inch pie plate.
- Place sliced apples in bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange raisins evenly over apples.
- Thoroughly combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in bran Chex crumbs.
- Add butter, mix until crumbly.
- Stir 3/4 cup Chex mixture into apple/raisin mixture and arrange evenly in pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over apples.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is browned.